nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NOC] ARIN contact needed: something bad happens with legacy IPv4 block's reverse delegations

From: Romeo Zwart <rz+nng () zwart com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 16:55:11 +0100

Dear John, Bill and all,

On 17/03/17 19:31 , John Curran wrote:
On 17 Mar 2017, at 2:17 PM, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM, John Curran <jcurran () arin net> wrote:

See previous reply.  The data was both correctly formatted and signed,
so the agreed integrity checks passed.

Ah, okay. So it wasn't bad counts as originally reported but no data with
counts that confirmed no data. Thanks for the clarification!

Bill -

Glad to help (and apologies for the information coming out in pieces –
we’ve opted to go with updates as we learn more rather than some for
comprehensive but less timely report.)

We have been slow to clarify this from the RIPE NCC end, for which I
apologize. As was already mentioned by Mark and John in previous
messages in this thread, the initial report from the RIPE NCC wasn't
complete, which has lead to unnecessary confusion.

A follow up message with additional detail was sent to the RIPE NCC DNS
working group list earlier today:
 https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/dns-wg/2017-March/003401.html

We hope that this clarifies matters sufficiently.

Kind regards,
Romeo Zwart
RIPE NCC