nanog mailing list archives

IPv6 traffic percentages?

From: "Bajpai, Vaibhav" <vaibhav.bajpai () tum de>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 12:51:35 +0000

Hello,

nanog-isp at mail.com nanog-isp at mail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:14:42 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Would those with IPv6 deployments kindly share some statistics on their percentage of IPv6 traffic?
Bonus points for sharing top IPv6 sources. Anything else than the usual suspects, Google/YouTube, Netflix and
Facebook?

Some public information I've found so far:
- Comcast around 25% IPv6 traffic
(http://www.lightreading.com/ethernet-ip/ip-protocols-software/facebook-ipv6-is-a-real-world-big-deal/a/d-id/718395)
- Comcast has over 1 Tb/s (of mostly YouTube traffic) over IPv6
(http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/comcast-reaches-key-milestone-in-launch-of-ipv6-broadband-network)
- Swisscom 26% IPv6 traffic, 60% YouTube (http://www.swinog.ch/meetings/swinog27/p/01_Martin_Gysi.pdf)

I'd be very much interested in hearing from smaller ISPs, especially those having a very limited number of IPv4
addresses and/or running out.

Thanks,
Jared

The v6 numbers from ^ NANOG post are now more than 1 year old. Thought
to re-bump this thread. Would it be possible to share updated numbers
of v6 traffic share within your network and % contribution by top apps.

Thanks a bunch!

-- Vaibhav

Vaibhav Bajpai
www.vaibhavbajpai.com