nanog mailing list archives

PCIe adapters supporting long distance 10GB fiber?

From: chiel <chiel () gmx net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 11:10:33 +0200

Hello,

We are deploying more and more server based routers (based on BSD). We have now come to the point where we need to have 10GB uplinks one these devices and I prefer to plug in a long range 10GB fiber straight into the server without it going first into a router/switch from vendor x. It seems to me that all the 10GB PCIe cards only support either copper 10GBASE-T, short range 10GBASE-SR or the 10 Km 10GBASE-LR (but only very few). Are there any PCIe cards that support 10GBASE-ER and 10GBASE-ZR? I can't seem to find any.

Chiel