nanog mailing list archives

Re: Templating/automating configuration

From: Andrew Dampf <adampf () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 22:17:35 +0000

Salt is great for generating configs based on jinja templates, and you can
use napalm in conjunction with salt to push the configs to the device on a
set schedule (typically this is done hourly). If manual changes are made to
the router, salt would override them on the next run, so it's a great way
to make sure configs are consistent.

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 9:25 AM Graham Johnston <johnstong () westmancom com>