nanog mailing list archives

Re: DWDM Mux/Demux using 40G Optics

From: Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr <bengelly () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 07:48:59 +0200

Hi,

Ex CubeOptics (now Huber Schuner) are just great. Been using them for years, rock solid. I highly recommend them.

Best regards.

Le 26 juil. 2017 à 04:28, Colton Conor <colton.conor () gmail com> a écrit :

Besides FS.com and http://www.beetlefiberoptics.com, do you have any more
recommendations for passive muxes? I usually stick to and like FiberStore,
but I am wondering if there is anything out there better/cheaper.

One of the things I am noticing is the CWDM and DWDM SFP+ optics are quite
expensive at  $250 for CWDM and $350 for DWDM. I guess it shouldn't be
cheap to send 10G around a ring, but I am wondering what transponders cost.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:55 AM, Jeroen Wunnink <Jeroen.Wunnink () gtt net>