nanog mailing list archives

Re: VXLAN for WAN Pseudowires?

From: Sabri Berisha <sabri () cluecentral net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 10:38:50 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Simon Lockhart" <simon () slimey org>

Hi,

2) Traffic engineering - we don't have a lot of requirement for this, but do
  have a small number of customers who buy A and B circuits, and require them
  to be routed across different paths on our network. This is easy with MPLS
  using explicit LSPs, but we've not yet worked out how to achieve the same
  thing in VXLAN.

You may be able to achieve this by using a second loopback for the B circuit VTEP IP address, and use either PBR or
*cough* a static *cough* route *cough* towards a different path. Not pretty, but will probably work.

Thanks,

Sabri