nanog mailing list archives

Re: External BGP Controller for L3 Switch BGP routing

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 20:32:10 -0900

Tore Anderson:

https://www.redpill-linpro.com/sysadvent/2016/12/09/slimming-routing-table.html

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Faisal Imtiaz <faisal () snappytelecom net>
wrote:

Hello,

A while back there was a discussion on how to do optimized (dynamic) BGP
routing on a L3 switch which is only capable of handing a subset of BGP
Routing table.

Someone has pointed out that there was a project to do just that, and had
posted a link to a presentation on a European operator (Ireland ? ) who had
done some code to take Exabgp and create such a setup..

(I am going by memory... )... Needless to say I am trying to find that
link, or name of that project.

Anyone who can help in refreshing my memory with the link (my search skill
are failing to find that presentation !)
would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Faisal Imtiaz

--