nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper Advertise MED on EBGP session.

From: Keenan Tims <ktims () stargate ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:10:35 -0800

I also spent a significant amount of time trying to figure out a way to do this, and was using communities for a while before I found a solution. It turns out that the expression knob lets you use the existing metric as an input, and this works to export the iBGP MED, at least on my 12.3X48 SRX:

    then {
        metric {
            expression {
                metric multiplier 1;