nanog mailing list archives

Re: Arista Layer3

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:32:14 -0500

On Nov 30, 2017, at 2:17 PM, Ken Chase <math () sizone org> wrote:

Back to this discussion! :) Arista as a viable full-table PE router. Was hoping
for better experience reports since last mention.

To make the Q bit more general, are there any PE routers yet that can handle 3-8
full feeds and use an amp and 1U or so instead of 5 and 4U? Or we're ito whitebox/
open routers still for that (bird/openbgp?) or microtiks?

The 7280 is likely what you’re looking at.  Lots of folks also use MikroTik as well if
the traffic is in the 1G range or so.

I for one use Arista for Layer3 for FTTH purposes as it gives me good software/hardware
support for my features.

- Jared