nanog mailing list archives

Re: Max Prefix Out, was Re: Verizon 701 Route leak?

From: "Jörg Kost" <jk () ip-clear de>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:50:58 +0200

Hi,

but isn't peer A prefix-out a synonym for peer B prefix-in, that will lead to the same result, e.g. a BGP teardown?

I just feel that this will add another factor, that people will not use or abuse: neigh $x max-out infinite

What about adding an option to the BGP session that A & B do agree on a fixed number of prefixes in both directions, so Bs prefix-in could be As prefix-out automatically?

Jörg