nanog mailing list archives

Re: How can I obtain the abuse e-mail address for IPs from Japan?

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:25:16 +0530

whois -h whois.nic.ad.jp IP /e

--srs

On 23-Aug-2017, at 7:38 PM, Kurt Kraut <listas () kurtkraut net> wrote:

Hello,

I'm having a hard time to figure out the abuse e-mail address for IPs from
Japan. Any query I perform at the WHOIS, for any IP, from any autonomoyus
system I get the same e-mail addresses:

abuse () apnic net
hm-changed () apnic net
ip-apnic () nic ad jp
hostmaster () nic ad jp

These e-mail addresses belong to JPNIC, not the autonomous system itself.
So any messages sent to these e-mail addresses will not reach the offending
NOC/SOC so I can report vulnerabilities and DDoS attacks.

What am I missing and how should I report security issues to autonomous
systems from this region? Has anyone here any experience on this?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt Kraut