nanog mailing list archives

Re: Multicom Hijacks: Do you peer with these turkeys (AS35916)?

From: Jima <nanog () jima us>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 07:15:44 -0600

Oops, following up a bit late.

I was told yesterday that AS209 blocked their acceptance of 163.198.0.0/16 from AS35916 based on a number of complaints, which unfortunately left a path via their peering with NTT (which I presume they can't filter for $reasons). But then a short time later AS35916 withdrew the announcement entirely, possibly because of the traffic engineering implications of that filtering (not sure).

Short-term, it's a win, but long-term we may not have seen the last of this prefix.

     Jima