nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lawsuits for falsyfying DNS responses ?

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:15:39 -0400

When worded this way in a legal context, I’m pretty sure it is equivalent.

That is “may not” means “is not allowed to”.

Owen

On Sep 13, 2016, at 8:29 AM, Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net> wrote:

   Well "may" is not "must".

“260.34. An Internet service provider may not give access to an online
gambling site whose operation is not authorized under Québec law.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert () pubnix net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443