nanog mailing list archives

Re: Optical Wave Providers

From: Tom Hill <tom () ninjabadger net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:09:54 +0100

On 01/09/16 22:45, Matthew Petach wrote:
(I'm half hoping to get a flurry of replies telling me
I'm completely wrong, and then explaining the real
issues to me.  If nobody replies, it might mean I'm
not entirely wrong).

You were not wrong on any particular point, but I don't think you may
have heard about muxponders previously.

I *think* technically it's TDM'd on the coloured side, but I'm not
sure... ODU/OTU stuff is somewhat removed from $dayjob. Someone might
want to correct me.

Have a look at the data sheet for the Ciena WaveServer though; it should
give a good idea of how this fits together. Of course, I'm sure more
comprehensive muxponder solutions are available for the [inter]national
carriers. :)

--
Tom