nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dyn DDoS this AM?

From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg () tristatelogic com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:30:19 -0700

In message <CALoKGd15haJXthiT31Y_wk=-5UGLSRbusHv4b8btQ5nXv5Dmuw () mail gmail com>,
Alexander Lyamin <la () qrator net> wrote:

Its not a first time we have and large scale DDoS incident.
Its not a first time we have  (a kind of) knee-jerk reaction.

I could be wrong, but I think its the first time I've turned
on CNN and seen a "heat map" of the incident showing the entire
NorthEast / New England area, all the way down to Washington,
and parts of California all blanketed in red.

So that part, at least, was, ya know, novel.

Regards,
rfg