nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN legacy block transfer process

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 09:21:51 -0700

That page is rather out of date as the RIPE policy it refers to was passed and then modified to (somewhat) restore
needs basis.

Owen

On Sep 30, 2016, at 10:47 AM, Enno Rey <erey () ernw de> wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:26:36AM -0700, Seth Mattinen wrote:
On 9/30/16 09:49, Bryan Fields wrote:
I'm trying to find a place on ARIN's website where this is addressed, but
coming up short.  I'm not the seller or buyer in this, but basically someone
has a legacy block allocated by Postel and wants to sell the block as it's an
owned asset.

What's the process to get ARIN to move the admin/ownership of this?  Do they
only need to see a valid asset purchase agreement?  There is no legacy RSA for
this.

It'll have to go under RSA to stay with ARIN.

Or you can do a transfer to RIPE.

carefully note the "or".
If you first move it under ARIN's jurisdiction (by signing an RSA) and *then* transfer it to RIPE, it won't be
"legacy" any more in the course of the 2nd step and RIPE's 2-yr holding period comes into play (=> it can't be
transferred during that time).

Note also there's voices recommending not to sign an RSA for legacy space (in certain situations, at least), see
http://ipv4marketgroup.com/dont-sign-an-rsa-during-your-82-ipv4-transfer/.

best

Enno

~Seth

--
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Carl-Bosch-Str. 4 - 69115 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 173 6745902

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey

Blog: www.insinuator.net || Conference: www.troopers.de
Twitter: @Enno_Insinuator