nanog mailing list archives

Re: nexus N3K-C3064PQ vs juniper ex4500 in order to protect against ddos

From: Pedro <piotr.1234 () interia pl>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 09:03:26 +0200

We had situations, that we lost all our bgp sessions, not even only on
ports where flood was coming. Just cpu overloaded. I don't care about
support too much, there are cheap enough to have spare. Soft is mature
with known bugs so i assume that this risk are accepted. Bigger problem
for me is technical details about features, which i desribed in my first
post. Most of this features i tested on trident2 chipset extreme 670, it
works but with problems and some limits. Now i have to change vendor.
Really wondering what can i get from N3K-C3064PQ, its also build on
trident2 AFAIK

thanks for answers,
Pedro