nanog mailing list archives

Re: Accepting a Virtualized Functions (VNFs) into Corporate IT

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:35:34 +0200

On 29/Nov/16 12:55, Alexander Harrowell wrote:

This is a really interesting thread; my telco clients are mad keen on
various solutions of this general form. As a rule they would love to
consolidate their various SME and enterprise CPEs down to a single x86 box
that gets configured with VNFs from a central VIM or container pool. But
they'd also love to sell you all your networking out of that box - and one
of the big questions I have is just how many companies would accept "LAN as
a Service". It may be even more difficult for SMEs as the cost of going
back on the deal is higher the less in-house capability you have.

I'd say it's reasonably common.

We have a number of 3rd party companies running the LAN's of our
enterprise customers, here in Africa.

Mark.