nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bell Canada contact - need help with DNS issue

From: Rich Lafferty <rich () lafferty ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 20:05:53 -0500

dnsadmin@ is no longer, but I was able to get a ticket past the front-line business support to an _incredibly_ helpful enterprise-level support desk who figured out what was going on and paged (!) their DNS team to intervene.

I figured that the depths of Bell Canada were innavigable but we managed to get a resolution a day sooner than a TTL.

  -Rich
Paul Stewart <mailto:paul () paulstewart org>
November 22, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Try dnsadmin () bell ca <mailto:dnsadmin () bell ca> ? I haven’t used that address in quite some time but someone did respond to it some time ago

Paul

Rich Lafferty <mailto:rich () lafferty ca>
November 19, 2016 at 11:13 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have a NOC or DNS administrator contact at Bell Canada? Their Toronto nameservers are returning SERVFAIL for our domain freshbooks.com since a general Bell DNS issue midday yesterday.

$ dig freshbooks.com @207.164.234.129

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> freshbooks.com @207.164.234.129
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 54893
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;freshbooks.com. IN A

;; Query time: 305 msec
;; SERVER: 207.164.234.129#53(207.164.234.129)
;; WHEN: Sat Nov 19 10:44:59 2016
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 32

No-one outside Bell is reporting issues, and other domains (ours or otherwise) are fine on Bell’s name servers.

Thanks,

-Rich