nanog mailing list archives

RE: ATT Mobile Outage San Juan, PR 8+ hours, 1 Million out.

From: Javier J <javier () advancedmachines us>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 17:44:16 -0400

Haha, wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with some government
owned infrastructure crashing on a fiber.

Just got my first call of the day from someone there. Looks like it's
starting to come back.

I'm still curious what exactly died.

I saw hardware mentioned, but you could get a plane from Miami there in 2
hours if it was a matter of just swapping out a piece of network gear.