nanog mailing list archives

Re: NOC AS1836 green.ch AG

From: Fredrik Korsbäck <hugge () nordu net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 22:18:00 +0200

On 03/05/16 21:23, Marco Paesani wrote:
Hi Arnold,
nobody answer at 'peering () green ch' for this reason I write here on NANOG.
Ciao,

Marco Paesani

Skype: mpaesani
Mobile: +39 348 6019349
Success depends on the right choice !
Email: marco () paesani it

Marco.

As I've told you when you hunted me down the last time through backside channels.. :)

When you don't get an answer on peering@ addresses its not because they don't read the emails. Instead of declining a
peering-request formally people tend to just use the silent treatment and have that represent a "No". If you don't hear
back - you probably don't fulfill the requirements to be eligible to peer with a network and for a big network with
selective or restrictive policy, answering
"no" to emails all day long isn't productive for anyone.

This is one of MANY unwritten rules in the peering-world which can be hard to grasp at first. To understand the
nomenclature and the "rules", going on a field trip to conferences such as NANOG, RIPE, EPF, GPF and the such is a
great way to understand the game, so one can act accordingly to how the playfield looks like.

--
hugge @ AS2603