nanog mailing list archives

Re: NIST NTP servers

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 15:36:34 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mel Beckman" <mel () beckman org>

Read deeper into the thread and you'll find where I sourced inexpensive RF-based
NTP servers using CDMA, GSM, and even WWV. All radically different technologies
that are unlikely to have common failure modes. But yes, buying different
brands can't hurt either.

CDMA and GSM are false diversity: both network types nodes *get their time*
from GPS, so far as I know.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com