nanog mailing list archives

Re: SFP Cost Variation

From: Mike Hale <eyeronic.design () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:06:27 -0800

You also run into some quality issues on third party ones, so be aware
and plan for it.  I've had maybe one Cisco-branded SFP go bad that I
can think, but I've got a crap ton of Axiom branded ones that were
bad.  Twinax ones were even worse...I got maybe two or three inserts
out of a significant fraction of them before they broke.  I've had
great luck with Curvature SFPs.