nanog mailing list archives

Re: 1GE L3 aggregation

From: Colton Conor <colton.conor () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 07:58:34 -0500

What size FIB/RIB table does that Huawei have?

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Harald F. Karlsen <elfkin () gmail com> wrote:

On 16.06.2016 09:51, Saku Ytti wrote:

Hey,

I've been bit poking around trying to find reasonable option for 1GE
L3 full BGP table aggregator. It seems vendors are mostly pushing
Satellite/Fusion for this application.

I don't really like the added complexity and tight coupling
Satellite/Fusion forces me. I'd prefer standards based routing
redundancy to reduce impact of defects.

ASR9001 and MX104 are not an options, due to control-plane scale. New
boxes in vendor pipeline are completely ignoring 1GE.

I've casually talked with other people, and it seems I'm not really
alone here. My dream box would be 96xSFP + 2xQSFP28, with pretty much
full edge features (BGP, LDP, ISIS, +1M FIB, +5M RIB, per-interface
VLANs, ipfix or sflow, at least per-port QoS with shaper, martini
pseudowires).

What about the Huawei NE20E-S2F/NE40E-M2F?
4 * SFP+ and 40 * SFP fixed ports and two PICs with either 4*SFP+ or
1*QSFP each. Decent FIB. Not really sure about the IPFIX/sflow thought.
Pricing seems very aggresive on these devices as well.

--
Harald