nanog mailing list archives

Re: craigslist.com admin

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 17:00:05 -0400

On Thu, 02 Jun 2016 15:45:33 -0500, Darin Steffl said:
Have been getting reports of the same thing. Went to the craigslist help
forums where some people there decided to call us a fake ISP because we
don't hand out publics to every customer. They were VERY rude and hopefully
none of them were employees. They said our customers can't use craigslist
if we don't hand publics to everyone. It didn't matter to them that we
don't have enough IP's for every customer.

Welcome to life in the post-exhaustion IPV4 space.

I'd say "Deploy IPv6 and give everybody an address", except that won't fix
the problem, as apparently Craigslist doesn't have an IPv6 presence yet....