nanog mailing list archives

Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] Critical bug threatens to bite mobile phones and networks

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 23:55:40 +0000 (UTC)

Heap overflow bug in either a widely used ASN.1 library from Objective Systems,
apparently popular with cell-radio industry people.  Not sure if this will
leak over into NANOG land -- but neither are you, and that's most of my point.

DO *you* know if this library is used in your routers?  Can you find out?

How easily and quickly?

Cheers,
-- jra