nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMS gateways

From: David Hubbard <dhubbard () dino hostasaurus com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 22:37:20 +0000

The specific phrase you’ll want to use with your VZ rep is a “machine to machine” plan.  It’s the same type of plans
alarm companies purchase for cell-backups.  They have plans with data allowances as low as 1 MB/month for a few
dollars, but you get destroyed if you go over the plan because the data rates are very high.  If you just use them for
emergency OOB ssh over cell they’re great and economical.

David