nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix NOC? VPN Mismarked?

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:53:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016, Owen DeLong wrote:

I believe IPv6 support will be coming to Apple TV soon. I don’t know what the plans (if any) are at TiVO. I’m overdue to hammer on them again.

Apple TV has had support for IPv6, at least my ATV3 has that. Enough support to confuse the hell out of Netflix GeoIP when some connections came from a swedish IPv4 address and some came from HE IPv6 space that geoIPed to the US for some reason. This was 6+ months ago. I had my space "fixed" by means of someone reporting it manually to their GeoIP provider which seems to have fixed Netflix as well. Haven't had any problems since.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se