nanog mailing list archives

Re: Arista optics

From: John Kinsella <jlk () thrashyour com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 08:55:30 -0800

Last I heard, EOS locks out non-Arista optics by default. You have to contact support for instructions to enable 3rd
party modules.

I’m running all Arista cables/optics - at the point when we ordered the pricing was competitive with 3rd party, but
that was several years ago and the vendor was hungry.

John