nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICYMI: FBI looking into LA fiber cuts, Super Bowl

From: Scott Whyte <swhyte () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 08:41:48 -0800

On 1/20/16 08:25, Naslund, Steve wrote:
Helicopters near the Super Bowl are cleared to be there and are flown by vetted professional pilots.  A human pilot in a helicopter
presumably has some kind of qualification to be there while a drone (although I don't like that word) could be flown by any moron
with a couple hundred bucks.  I also think the government is going completely overboard with the "drone threat" but in the
case of the Super Bowl, there should definitely be a reasonable restriction on drone flights, ANY flight for that matter.  I think
reasonable drone pilots would agree with that.
Can't wait for autonomous drones in the $50 range. And the autonomous counter-drones.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL