nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anonymous Threats

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:25:07 -0500

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 20:45:25 -0500, "Eric Rogers" said:
Thank you for all that have responded, and this response has been the
majority, to leave well enough alone.  I guess I was hoping that maybe I could
offer a new way to help narrow this search down.

The only thing that's more likely to get you into trouble that acting "under
color of law" (meaning doing it at the express request of law enforcement) is
taking the same actions *not* under color of law (at which point it's your
problem, not law enforcement's, if you break any laws).