nanog mailing list archives

Re: Binge On! - get your umbrellas out, stuff's hitting the fan.

From: Alex Buie <alex.buie () frozenfeline net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 05:51:44 -0500

Ugh, I had to deal with this almost daily at $large_metered_us_carrier. We
have WiFi hotspots and USB modems and inevitably the customers who usually
use <2GB and have plans based on that usage got slapped with huge Windows
10 overages. Explaining that no, your "geebee" meter isn't broken,
Microsoft just shafted you got so tiring, especially when they don't have
the faintest clue what Windows Update or data or anything of the sort mean,
just barely enough to sign into their AOL account and check the weather.

The bad part is how aggressively Microsoft is downloading it to your HD
even if you don't accept it. (See Windows.BT folder, &c)

I am "eagerly" awaiting the next wave of update renaming/repushing.