nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shared cabinet "security"

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 16:49:21 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hammett" <nanog () ics-il net>

If you have multiple entities in a shared space, how can you mitigate the
chances of someone doing something (assuming accidentally) to disrupt your
operations? I'm thinking accidentally unplug the wrong power cord, patch cord,
etc. Accidentally power off or reboot the wrong device.

Any sort of mesh panels you could put on the front\rear of your gear that you
would mount with the same rack screw that holds your gear in?

Yup; a standard rack item for audio installs; they go over equalizers and
the like.  You shouldn't have any trouble finding them in 1U and 2U, maybe
larger.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com