nanog mailing list archives

Re: Favorite Speed Test Systems

From: Josh Reynolds <josh () kyneticwifi com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:51:30 -0600

A lot of people have crappy performance to those. For example, from a 10G
server to fast.com I was pulling around 9Mbps up/down. 1 hop away from a
Netflix open connect appliance.

On Dec 5, 2016 9:49 AM, "Steven Miano" <mianosm () gmail com> wrote:

fast.com is a dead fast/simple download result page.

...also with a huge customer base - it is often closer to
speedtest.<ISP>.net|com than some of those others.

There is also a speedtest-cli available on Linux/MacOS (via Brew).

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Graham Johnston <johnstong () westmancom com>