nanog mailing list archives

Cogent Router code updates during height of ecommerce season?

From: Drew Weaver <drew.weaver () thenap com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 16:09:42 +0000

Hello,

Over the last several days we have had interruptions at multiple times in our service with Cogent due to them
performing router code updates on multiple nodes. I know that some companies put these sorts of updates on hold during
the holiday season but I was wondering if anyone has heard of any unannounced security flaws that only larger companies
such as Cogent would be privy to?

I am certain that if you have heard of these flaws you cannot post the details but a simple yes or no about the
existence of such a thing is plenty for me.

Happy Holidays

Thanks,
-Drew