nanog mailing list archives

Re: Need abuse/postmaster contact for AT&T to resolve IP block

From: Andrew Kirch <trelane () trelane net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:50:44 -0400

Gmail here, went to my Inbox.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Jay Farrell via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
wrote:

Interestingly, your mail to the nanog list went to my spam folder, rather
than my nanog folder (I'm using gmail or domains for my mail.) That rarely
happens.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Webhosting.net Admin <
admin () webhosting net>
wrote:

A few of our exchange IPs get blocked intermittently, but only by ATT.
Ips
are clean, no issues, we’re diligent about finding and fixing these types
of issues as it has a large impact.

It would be very helpful to know why the IP below got blocked so we can
find and fix the problem to prevent further listing. We have a few ips in
rotation and some have no issue. It’s a “blind” listing, so we only find
out about it when customers complain that they getting blocked.

ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net #<ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net #5.3.0 smtp; 553
5.3.0 flph399 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 67.215.167.170 >_is_blocked.__For_
information_see_http://att.net/blocks> #SMTP#

Any info/help would be most helpful.

Many thanks,

Webhosting.net Postmaster