nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best practices for sending network maintenance notifications

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 16:52:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
My question for the group -- does anyone know if there's a "best practices" for sending maint notifications like this? An RFC sort of thing?

It falls in the category of "Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Don't do that." Even the most dense CSR managers figure it out after a few attempts.

The other "don't do that" is never configure Music on Hold for any NOC/SOC
lines. Few things are more annoying than a eight hour trouble shooting conference bridge, and one of the dozen NOC/SOCs on the bridge hits
the Hold button.