nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Weathermap

From: James Bensley <jwbensley () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:45:02 +0100

On 28 April 2016 at 20:33, Peter Phaal <peter.phaal () gmail com> wrote:
Many drawing tools support SVG as a file export format. Exporting or
converting the map to SVG format allows the map attributes (link
colors, widths, etc) to be modulated using JavaScript embedded in the
web page.

As an example, the following SC15 weathermap was created by converting
a PDF diagram of the network into an SVG file:

http://blog.sflow.com/2015/11/sc15-live-real-time-weathermap.html

The code is on GitHub and it wouldn't be hard to re-purpose:

https://github.com/pphaal/sc15-weather

The ESnet weathermap is very cool and they have open sourced the code:

https://my.es.net/
http://www.hpcwire.com/2015/10/05/esnet-releases-software-for-building-interactive-network-portals/

https://github.com/esnet/react-timeseries-charts/
https://github.com/esnet/react-network-diagrams/

Fwoooooor!!!!!

Sorry Weathermap, you've been usurped! I think I'll write a wrapper in
PHP to pull the data from RRDs and feed into that.

Cheers,
James.