nanog mailing list archives

Re: As a SP, what is your standard CoS configuration on JunOS?

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 07:03:25 +0200

On 19/Apr/16 06:07, Sean Kennedy wrote:

NANOG,

I realize that every SP handles marking and queueing/scheduling
differently, but I am curious to see other provider's 'standard'
config for QoS that is deployed on the JunOS platform.  What config do
apply to all your ingress interfaces for classification?  How are your
core link schedulers configured?  What kind of remarking do you do
(specifically on packets arriving on internet-facing interfaces)?  If
you have a converged network carrying both internet and
carrier-eth/transport traffic, how do you handle guaranteeing
bandwidth to the carrier eth services?

Upstream and peering facing ports get re-marked to DSCP 0 on ingress.
Outbound traffic toward customers from any sources, as well as traffic
handed off to upstreams and peers is re-marked to DSCP 0 prior to be
pushed out, as we've noticed "bad things" can happen when other networks
do special things with non-DSCP 0 values they may receive.

Mark.