nanog mailing list archives

NCS5K?

From: Chris Welti <chris.welti () switch ch>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:46:21 +0200

According to some slides from a russian cisco connect event, the upcoming small-size
NCS 5501 and NCS 5502 will support 1M+ FIB and 50ms per port buffers.
Seem to be killer boxes. 48x100GE in 2RU with large FIB & buffers? Loving it already.
I wonder what prices will look like for those.

With Google Translate:

NCS 5501
• 800 Gbps @ 430 watts
• 40 x SFP + 1G / 10G + 4 x QSFP28 100G
• 1RU
• Intel Broadwell CPU 8Core @ 1.6GHz
• Dimensions WxDxH 444mm x551mm x 44mm
• External TCAM for more FIB, large buffers (~ 50 ms)
• 1-2M IPv4 FIB
• The same set of features as a modular
• FCS in IOS XR 6.1.1

NCS 5502