nanog mailing list archives

Re: Prefix hijacking by AS20115

From: "Rampley Jr, Jim F" <jim.rampley () charter com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:18:54 -0500

On 9/29/15, 9:49 AM, "Seth Mattinen" <sethm () rollernet us> wrote:

On 9/29/15 7:26 AM, Rampley Jr, Jim F wrote:

On 9/28/15, 10:24 PM, "NANOG on behalf of Seth Mattinen"
<nanog-bounces () nanog org on behalf of sethm () rollernet us> wrote:

On 9/28/15 20:19, Martin Hannigan wrote:

Is this related to 104.73.161.0/24? That's ours. :-)

We'll take a look and get back to you.  Thanks for caring!

Yep, that's one of the affected prefixes.

~Seth
Hi Seth, which market was this occurring?  Was this already removed?
I'm
not seeing it this morning.  I would like to figure out what went wrong
here.  We shouldn't be nailing up any static configuration to have
caused
a situation like this.

Reno, NV. I do believe they've finally withdrawn this morning (I just
woke up, it was a long night).

~Seth
This issue was caused by a hung BGP process which was resolved last night.
 Nothing nefarious.  No static configuration nailed up, no BGP highjacking
purposely done. ;)