nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN Region IPv4 Free Pool Reaches Zero

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:09:05 -0700

Let's say it's less than 1Tbit but based on the growth curve in recent weeks I'm not sure it will stay there.

Jared Mauch

On Sep 24, 2015, at 11:55 AM, A.L.M.Buxey () lboro ac uk wrote:

Hi,

IPv6 traffic roughly doubled in my view of the internet in the past ~2 weeks as the 9.0 GM image hit and the public
release of 9.0 came out.

0.001% of traffic to 0.002%  ;-)

joking aside as I'm a big IPv6 champion.... IPv6 is picking up a lot recently....and whilst
the bahviour change of IOS9 has helped...clients themselves dont change the networks they are using -
the networks themselves need to support this protocol, route it etc as we all know...so, if nothing
else, IOS9 has revealed more that many parts of the internet are IPv6 enabled and ready to be used.

alan