nanog mailing list archives

Re: Skype off line ??

From: zaphodb () zaphods net
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:21:38 +0200

On 2015-09-21 12:58, Max Tulyev wrote:
Google hangouts and jit.si are services, not a client of open protocol.

Feel the difference.

Well you can set a server wide default for Jabber/XMPP MUC chats at least with ejabberd.
https://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/guide_en.html#htoc50
"history_size: Size
A small history of the current discussion is sent to users when they enter the room. With this option you can define the number of history messages to keep and send to users joining the room. The value is an integer. Setting the value to 0 disables the history feature and, as a result, nothing is kept in memory. The default value is 20. This value is global and thus affects all rooms on the service."

Thats not quite the same though as you get with Skype where i think the history gets synced in a bi-directional fashion.

kind regards,

 Stefan