nanog mailing list archives

Re: Chile Status?

From: Dorance Martinez Cortes <dorancemc () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 08:57:12 -0500

Maybe on the NAP site for Chile, but I can't find enough information about
network status.

http://pit.nap.cl/red.html

Given the huge (7.9 - 8.3) Earthquake last night, does anyone have any
information about the status of the Internet in Chile, and in particular
about the status of the undersea fiber links that go down off the West
coast of South America to Chile?

Given that this was an offshore Earthquake, and its magnitude, I would
expect those fiber links to be at risk to undersea landslides.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

--

Cordialmente,

Dorancé Martínez Cortés
+57 320 6968121
Linux User Number 112632
Nagios Certified Administrator
Certificación ITIL Fundation 2011 ed.
Cali - Colombia
dorancemc () gmail com
http://dorancemc.com
http://dmci.co

"Si piensas que la tecnología puede solucionar tus problemas de seguridad,
está claro que ni entiendes los problemas ni entiendes la tecnología" Bruce
Schneier