nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMS Gateway

From: Leonardo Arena <rnalrd () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 19:48:54 +0200

Il giorno lun, 14/09/2015 alle 14.53 +0000, Graham Johnston ha scritto:
Today we use a product from MultiTech Systems call MultiModem iSMS to send SMS text messages from our monitoring
system to our on call staff.  This is a 2G product and we need to replace it soon. I know there are more generic
cellular modems that can do texting if you are willing to put in the effort, the product we use currently though has
a simple HTTP based API specifically to send SMS. Is anybody out there using something similar that can work on 3G or
4G networks?

Here we use SMSTools (http://smstools3.kekekasvi.com/) on a Linux box
with a Multitech Serial/USB modem. It takes formatted text files from a
spooling directory. It never let us down since some years.

HTH

- leo