nanog mailing list archives

Re: All in favor or.....

From: Larry Sheldon <larrysheldon () cox net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 19:51:40 -0500

On 10/28/2015 19:15, Matthew Petach wrote:
I work 8 hours a day...

...and then I work another 8.

A long time ago, in a place far, far away, the PTB determined that we should change from a three-team, three-8-hour shifts, 5 days a week ("days", "evenings", and "nights" (aka "graves" or "graveyard") for 7 x 24 coverage, to a four-team, 12 1/2 hour day 3 day week (and you know, I have forgotten how we covered the 7th day!).

For the 2nd-level managers like me, the reaction was "Wow! I will only have to work 12-18 hours three days a week!
--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)