nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internap route optimization

From: Rafael Possamai <rafaelpossa () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 09:12:09 -0600

A few years ago I had a couple boxes in a datacenter in Chicago that had
its traffic optimized by Internap. Latency wise, it was always the lowest
to my other applications, compared to other locations I had on-line. I am
not sure what other benefits it brought aside from lower latency. One thing
to remember is that they had several uplinks, so if you only have a couple
I can't imagine the impact to be great.

Just my 2cents.