nanog mailing list archives

Re: link avoidance

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 16:42:28 -0700

The most common place where I have encountered that would involve differing AUPs on different links.

For example, if one has a link which is built on an amateur radio layer 1, one cannot carry commercial, pornographic,
encrypted, or certain other kinds of traffic on that link.

I believe Internet2 vs. public transit may also pose some such requirements.

Other situations I’ve seen involve data privacy concerns and/or security zone issues.

Common? Not in my experience.

Usually done with a combination of ACLs, Routing Policy, etc.

Owen