nanog mailing list archives

Re: Low Cost 10G Router

From: Ray Soucy <rps () maine edu>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 09:13:53 -0400

P.S I went through HotLava Systems for the Intel-based SFP+ NICs to add to
those, http://hotlavasystems.com/ (not trying to plug; these are just hard
to find)

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Ray Soucy <rps () maine edu> wrote:

You're right I dropped down to the v2 for pricing reasons:

- Supermicro SuperServer 5017R-MTRF
- 4x SATA
- 8x DDR3
- 400W Redundant
- Eight-Core Intel Xeon Processor E5-2640 v2 2.00GHz 20MB Cache (95W)
- 4 x SAMSUNG 2GB PC3-12800 DDR3-160
- 2 x 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM - 3.5" - Western Digital RE4 WD5003ABYZ
- Supermicro System Cabinet Front Bezel CSE-PTFB-813B with Lock and Filter
(Black)
- No Windows Operating System (Hardware Warranty Only, No Software Support)
- Three Year Warranty with Advanced Parts Replacement

FWIW I used Sourcecode as the system builder.  They've been great to work
with.