nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recommended 10GE ISCSI SAN switch

From: Matt Taylor <mtaylor () mty net au>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 11:35:54 +1000

We've been using Dell 8024F's for over 2 years now. No problems at all.

On 12/05/2015 23:36, Paul S. wrote:
Hi guys,

We're shortly going to be getting some 10G SANs, and I was wondering
what people were using as SAN switches for 10G SANs.

It is my understanding that low buffer sizes make most 'normal' 10G
ethernet switches unsuitable for the job.

We're pretty much an exclusive Juniper shop, but are not biased in any
way -- best tool for the job is what I've been tasked with to find.

Keeping that in mind, how would something like a EX4550 fare in the
role? Are there better devices in the same price range?

Thanks!